Monday, December 31, 2018

You Say You Want a Resolution?


Happy New Year, one and all!

     As I sit here, four hours away from 2019, I gotta say, I will be so frickin glad to slam the forking door on 2018. Man, this year SUUUUCKED. Between the abysmal state of our nation and the shit show of the year that we have been handling in our household, I am done with 2018. Bring on 2019.

     Now, I realize that nothing really changes when the new year rolls in. It's simply hours later than sucky 2018 was, but I think all of us like to see it as a fresh start. And as a result, we make ridiculous resolutions, promising ourselves that we are going to be better, healthier, stronger, smarter, skinnier, whatever-er. This year we are going to reach all of our goals. This year we are going to be the best versions of ourselves. Except we are really just setting ourselves up to be let down by ourselves, again. We set unattainable, silly goals for ourselves because we are so disgusted with what's "wrong" with us. We can't even take a moment to find what is "right" with us, and THAT is wrong.

     Well, this year, I'm not having it! My resolution is to NOT have any insane resolutions. I am going to be reasonable with myself, accept my faults, and realize that I am only human and prone to mood swings, mistakes, and general fuck-ups. I'm going to stop pressuring myself to be the perfect parent, the perfect friend or the perfect anything. This is me, in 2019, accepting and loving me as I am. And I have a feeling that all the other stuff I want for myself... more money, less pounds, more happiness... will come as a result of that acceptance.

     I hope you will make the same promise to yourself. You're worth it. You deserve it. Now, get out there and GET 2019, Girl! (Or Guy!) Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment